This website www.pilladvised.com and the Pill Advised software application are the property of Applied Nutrition, Inc.
Applied Nutrition Inc. values the privacy of all of our users.
This Policy applies to information collected only directly through or from the Pill Advised website. It does not apply to personal information collected from offline resources and communications, such as information you may send to us in a postal letter or give to us in a phone call. This Policy also does not apply to third-party online resources to which the Pill Advised website may link, because Pill Advised does not control their content or their privacy practices.
1) What Information Do We Collect?
Pill Advised’s purpose is to provide you with information, and in order to do that we may request personal information from you. Certain information is necessary for us to provide one or more Pill Advised services to you. For a description of these services, see Section 4 below, "How We Use the Information We Collect." Other information is optional; if you elect not to provide optional information, it may limit the value of what Pill Advised can provide for you.
We collect two types of information on Pill Advised. The first, "Personal Information," is information that allows someone to identify or contact you, such as your name and e-mail address, as well as any information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information. The second type, "Anonymous Data," is data not associated with or linked to your Personal Information. Anonymous Data cannot be used to identify you. We collect Personal Information and/or Anonymous Data based on your level of participation on Pill Advised.
2) Participation on Pill Advised
You can take advantage of the services offered on Pill Advised as a Member.
When you sign up to use the Pill Advised application, or participate in most other interactive services on our website, you are required to register by giving us your user name, e-mail address and password. We call that your "Registration Information."
After you have given us your Registration Information and become a Member, or when you subscribe to the Pill Advised newsletter, we will periodically send you free health newsletters and e-mails that contain health and lifestyle information; directly promote the use of Pill Advised and the sites of our Affiliates; and may offer products or services for purchase.
These free health newsletters and e-mails may contain, in whole or in part, advertisements for third parties that we think may be of interest to you, based on your responses to the Pill Advised application and other information we collect about you on the website . We will not give your Personal Information to those advertisers . See Section 4 below, "How We Use the Information We Collect." If you don’t want us to send you free health newsletters and e-mails, you should not become a Member, nor should you subscribe to the Pill Advised newsletter.
You can unsubscribe from the Pill Advised newsletter at any time by clicking here.
By becoming a Member, you have agreed to let us show you advertising on the website targeted to your personal health interests. F or a description of how this happens, see Section 5 below, "How We Display Ads on Our Website" . As with most Web sites, we accept advertising and sponsorships as a way of keeping the articles, tools, assessments, and newsletters free to Pill Advised users. If you don’t want to see such ads, you should not become a Pill Advised Member.
3) How We Collect Information from You
Pill Advised will collect information from you when you interact with us in the following ways:
As with most sites on the Internet, when you visit our website, Pill Advised may place a "cookie" on your computer that enables us to give you a better experience on the website.
- Internet cookies are small text files that save data about you as an individual visitor and help Pill Advised deliver personalized content and other services in a manner convenient to you. When you first register or sign in, Pill Advised places your member ID and e-mail address into a cookie file.
- Many Web browsers are automatically set to accept cookies. You may change your browser settings to either reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is about to be placed on your computer. Please note, however, that rejecting cookies while visiting Pill Advised may result in certain parts of the website not operating as efficiently as they would with cookies. For example, if you are a Pill Advised Member without a cookie, you may need to enter your username and password each time you visit the website in order to use the Pill Advised applic ation. If you allow cookies, it streamlines your user experience on Pill Advised and keeps track of your preferences.
- Pill Advised may use other companies, for example Google or DoubleClick, to serve the ads you see on our website.
b) IP Address
An "IP Address" is actually a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases, your IP address stays the same from session to session; but if you use a consumer Internet access provider (such as AT&T), your IP address probably varies from session to session. We track IP addresses solely in conjunction with session cookies to analyze our Web page flow.
c) Action Tags
We use single pixel GIFs (also known as action tags or web beacons) on the website and also in HTML-based e-mails to let us know which e-mails sent by us have been opened by recipients (including anyone to which the e-mails have been forwarded). Therefore, if you cannot see images when viewing a Pill Advised e-mail, we do not know if you open that particular e-mail. Similarly, if you receive your e-mail from us in text format (i.e., no pictures or graphics), we do not know if you open that particular e-mail. This information helps us assess the effectiveness of certain communications and marketing campaigns.
d) Other Systems
Information is also collected from you when:
- You fill out forms on our website, including sign-in or registration forms, use the Pill Advised application, and other tests, tools, and assessments.
- You interact with the message boards and post comments on articles.
- You click on advertisements on the website or in one of the free health newsletters and e-mails you receive from Pill Advised.
- You invite someone else to join Pill Advised through our w eb s ite’s sharing tools. I n that case, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as the other person’s e-mail address, in order to send this e-mail; if you decide to invite someone else to use the Pill Advised application and they subsequently register with us, we will collect and save the other person’s e-mail address, as we would for anyone who registers on the website.
Also, in most instances we include certain tracking links that allow us to monitor whether you accessed specific content or advertisements. If you click on one of these links, we will record that click and certain activities on the Pill Advised Web page associated with that tracking link. We may use this information for various purposes, such as to conduct internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and clicking behavior and to customize the content and advertisements you see.
4) How We Use the Information We Collect
When you register with Pill Advised, we may use your Personal Information to create a customized Web experience for you and to improve our services. We may use Personal Information to:
- Present you with advertising on the website, based on topics in which you have indicated an interest and your Personal Information.
- Improve the content and layout of Pill Advised.
- Statistically analyze user behavior.
- Receive feedback on editorial content.
- Develop products, marketing, and promotions internally at Pill Advised.
In addition, when you become a Pill Advised Member, we may use your Personal Information to provide other services, including:
- Providing you with personalized health and wellness information via e-mail and/or postal mail.
- Sending you targeted advertising via e-mail and/or postal mail.
- Contacting you for feedback and surveys via e-mail and/or postal mail.
- Sending you general and administrative information about your Pill Advised membership via e-mail and/or postal mail.
Like most Web sites, we accept advertising and sponsorships. That’s how we are able to provide our health newsletters and website service to users at no charge. Pill Advised uses your Personal Information in the course of operating our business in several ways, which include:
- Providing your Registration Information to our third-party service providers — who agree NOT to use or disclose that information for any other purpose and whose role is solely to provide operational support for Pill Advised. These third-party service providers include companies that we use, for example, to send out our e-mail newsletters and provide security for the data that you share with us. Pill Advised strives to ensure that any third-party service provider to which Pill Advised discloses Personal Information uses the Personal Information solely for the purposes for which it was disclosed, even though these third-party service providers are independent companies over which Pill Advised exercises no control. Pill Advised is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third-party service providers.
- Merging your Sign Up or Registration Information with other, optional types of Personal Information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as merging your health-related information from using the Pill Advised application with your responses to surveys, health assessments, and questionnaires. In other words, we will combine basic Registration Information you provide to us (e-mail address, username, password ) with additional information you provide. This lets us send you relevant e-mails and display advertising to you on our website that we think will be of interest.
- Merging your Personal Information with other information we collect about you, based on your activity on our website. For example, if you read an article on a particular topic (for example , vitamins ), we will note it on your profile. We do this so that we can provide you content and advertising that is more relevant and of greater interest to you (in this example, information about vitamins).
- Participating in market research activities through Pill Advised, including health surveys. When you take part in such activities, we may ask you to submit Personal Information such as health and lifestyle data about you and your family. However, our reports and analyses to clients and partners are made only on an anonymous basis, using Anonymous Data. Our clients and partners do not see any single individual’s Personal Information and cannot associate any of the information they receive with a particular individual.
We do not send or support the delivery of unsolicited bulk e-mail (a.k.a. "spam").
5) How We Display Ads on Our Website
We think advertising is more useful when it is tailored to your interests.
We may display ads on our website to our Members based on the Personal Information provided to us when using the Pill Advised application or participating in other interactive features, as well as Anonymous Data collected via technology.
Pill Advised users who do not become Members receive advertisements solely on the basis of Anonymous Data.
Advertising may be served on Pill Advised in the following ways:
- By Pill Advised directly — in some cases using Pill Advised-controlled third-party ad-serving technology or by using an advertiser’s third-party ad-serving technology, though in both cases, no Personal Information is shared with or accessible by the ad-serving platform.
- By ad-serving networks that track user activity across a variety of Websites.
If you would like more information about network advertising and about not having this information used by these companies, click here: http://networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
6 ) Blogs, Videos, and Other User-Generated Postings; Social Networking
If you choose to post material on our website or to any blogs or forums, participate in our social networking channels such as the Pill Advised Page on Facebook, or in any other community features (collectively called “community”) that may be offered from time to time, you will be solely responsible for all content, messages, text, files, images, graphics, photos, audio clips, sounds, videos, or other materials (the "Postings"). You agree and warrant that any Postings you make on the website and community will be true and accurate, will not defame any person or invade any person’s privacy, and will not infringe upon the proprietary rights of any person. You agree not to make any Postings to which you do not own the rights. By making Postings, you understand and acknowledge that visitors to Pill Advised and community may post comments about your Postings which may be derogatory, and that Pill Advised has no obligation to monitor or delete any such comments. You also acknowledge that any information you may receive from another user on our website or in the community is not a substitute for professional medical information or advice and is governed by the disclaimers and limitations set forth in our Terms and Conditions of Use.
Pill Advised reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor Postings. Pill Advised does not and cannot monitor all of the Postings made to the website and community and will not be responsible for the content of any Postings. Pill Advised has no obligation to verify the accuracy of any personally identifying information posted to our website or community. However, Pill Advised reserves the right to delete any material in any Posting that is obscene, harassing, offensive, or otherwise objectionable and not in keeping with the community standards of Pill Advised. Under no circumstances will Pill Advised be liable for any inaccuracy or defect in any Postings. We also expect our users to adhere to certain rules. Therefore, you agree not to post, e-mail, or otherwise make available Postings:
- That are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy or harmful to minors in any way.
- That harass, degrade, intimidate, or are hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
- That include personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent.
- That are false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, constitute "bait and switch," or impersonate any person or entity.
- That contain your own or a third party’s advertising, branding, or promotional content.
- That infringe upon any proprietary rights, including copyright, of any party, or Postings that you do not have a right to make available.
- That restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Pill Advised website or the Pill Advised services offered on them.
Because Pill Advised does not monitor the Postings, you agree to use and rely on them at your own risk. Pill Advised cannot make any representation or warranty about the material contained in the Postings. Pill Advised likewise assumes no responsibility for any contact you may have with other users of our website or community, either online or offline. If you elect to meet in person with someone you may meet on our website or community, you do so at your own risk; under no circumstances will Pill Advised be liable for any activity or injury that may occur.
7 ) Legal Disclosure
Pill Advised may disclose information about you and your use of the Pill Advised w eb s ite and the Pill Advised services if Pill Advised believes such disclosure is reasonably necessary in order to:
(i) Comply with the law or legal process where a formal request has been made, such as from an administrative oversight agency, civil suit, subpoena, court order, or judicial or administrative proceeding;
(ii) Protect or defend the rights or property of Pill Advised or others;
(iv) Respond to claims that the content(s) of a communication violates the rights of another.
8 ) Sweepstakes, Give-Aways, and Contests
We may conduct give-aways, contests, and other promotions on the website in which we may ask you for additional information. We will use and treat this information as Personal Information in accordance with the terms of this Policy. Participation in such give-aways and contests is not necessary to use Pill Advised, and whether you may choose to participate in any particular give-away or contest or not will not affect your general use of the website.
9 ) Security
Our hardware infrastructure is housed in a controlled-access facility that restricts access to authorized individuals with positive identification. Our network access to the infrastructure is protected by a firewall protection system. Third-party marketing partners receive your information only under the substantial restrictions as described elsewhere in this Policy.
However, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Pill Advised will not be intercepted by others, and that information stored on our servers will be free from unauthorized access. While we have taken reasonable precautions to protect this information, you should always use discretion in what information you send to us and not expect that such information will be absolutely free from intrusion. The confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from Pill Advised cannot be and is not guaranteed. Accordingly, Pill Advised is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
Please note that Pill Advised does not request Personal Information by sending e-mails. We only collect such information on our website. If you receive an e-mail purporting to be from us that solicits Personal Information, do not respond to it.
10 ) Wireless Addresses
If the e-mail address you provide to us is a wireless e-mail address, you agree to receive messages at such address. You understand that your wireless carrier’s standard rates apply to these messages. You represent that you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device on which messages will be received, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges.
11 ) Children
The Pill Advised website and Pill Advised services are not directed at children. They are designed for individuals who are 20 years of age or older. We will not request or knowingly collect information from an individual under age 20.
12 ) A Note to Non-U.S. Users
YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT. YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE PROCESSED IN THE UNITED STATES. UNITED STATES LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN THE LAWS IN YOUR COUNTRY.
13 ) A Note to California and Canada Users
14 ) Updates
If you do not accept the terms of this Policy, we ask that you do not sign up or register with Pill Advised, nor subscribe to the Pill Advised newsletter.
1 5 ) Contact Us
Applied Nutrition, Inc.
156 Fifth Avenue, Suite 519
New York, NY 10010